Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My last Biography and Statement

-->
Biography

Isabelle Gautier was born and grew up in Normandy, just a few miles from the Mont-Saint-Michel, in western France.

Her early artistic development was inspired by a love of nature, color and design. Her paintings reflect these childhood memories.

Isabelle’s art has been influenced by her European heritage and adopted American culture.
 Her extensive travels across all continents have left a lasting impression on her oeuvre, making her artwork both personal and universal.

In 1991 she attended l’Ecole des Beaux Arts de Montmartre in Paris to complete her formal training.

Working as a professional artist over the past twenty years, she has paused long enough to raise her children.  Isabelle moved to Atlanta in 1999 with her husband and two sons where she lives and works today.

Artist’s Statement

Is there a better way than art to bring people from all over the world together in a celebration of beauty?

Painting is the way I reach out to people.  My favorite tool, the palette knife, allows me to keep the deep pigments in the acrylic paint, my preferred medium.

In each painting there is a little something unexpected, a small “je ne sais quoi”, at the point of creation, which makes my art original.  It can be an odd stroke, an unnatural balance, a particular color or design…

My inspiration is to paint until I find my own balance where the art lover can feel an emotional and/or intellectual connection.

My quest is not to create the illusion of reality but to suggest with colors and composition the inherent nature of the aesthetic object.

No comments: